Tuesday, March 29, 2005

top hats or cowboy boots?

so it seems to be tradition in my family for the groom and groomsmen to wear top hats and tails at the wedding. the first time i saw this was at my cousin gary's wedding. aside from learning to roll my hat down my arm and onto my head, i was most definitely not into it. but then a few years later, my cousin michael got married, and i had the chance to renew my acquaintance w/ my old friend the top hat. a little bit of age and developing personal taste began to inform me that perhaps top hats were not quite so bad after all. now that its time to start planning my own wedding, i embraced the top hat full force. its just so friggin cool! i was going to have all my groomsmen walk the aisle w/ white gloves and canes, although cindy didn't seem too keen on that. at the very least, they were to be called up for a toast at the reception to the tune of 'putting on the ritz'.

but then i started thinking - wait, i'm getting married in texas. shouldn't i be wearing cowboy boots and a cowboy hat? again, cindy was not too keen - at least on the hat part. i began weighing my options - classic top hat? or more appropriate cowboy boots? then we started talking about getting married on a ranch, maybe even southfork, and it all came together. leave the top hat in ny - cowboy boots are the way to go. groomsmen: prepare yourselves.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kenny, how can you have time to write a blog but not have time to get your tux measurements. Just for the record, Kenny is the only groomsmen in my wedding party (in fact the only attendant, including the girls) who has not gotten his measurements done. They were due Feb. 1.

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sahil, does this really surprise you!?
We have not gotten our wedding gift from him from our wedding in August 2002!!

11:44 AM  
Blogger The Texan Transplant said...

for the record, i understand that raj has also not posted tux measurements.

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kenny, for the record, Raj has gotten his measurements.

And have you really not sent Liz and August their wedding gift?

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home