Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Snack Hell, The Sea of Humanity...and other wedding weekend stories: Part III

Spa Hell! That's what Friday was, if you can imagine it. I think if I had actually been to a spa, it would have been different. As it was, Friday was hectic. The day started off dropping off gift bags at the various hotels where our guests were staying. This went pretty smoothly, except that the guy at the Hampton Inn JFK looked at me like I had two heads when I brought in the gift bags. It made me worry that maybe not everyone would be getting one, but oh well. There were vending machines in the lobby. After this task, my dad and I drove to JFK Airport to the Avis rental place so that I could be added to the rental car contract. Navigating JFK is just horrible. It is a horrible, horrible way to start off your day, and I wouldn't recommend it.
Then, we drove into Hewlett for my nail appointment. Because I was going to the mikvah later that afternoon, I couldn't have nail polish put on yet, so I just had a regular manicure and pedicure. After that, I drove back to Garden City, dropped my dad off, picked my mom up, and headed to Woodmere for the Mikvah. My mom had no idea what this ritual was all about, so I tried to explain as best I could without overdoing it. See, she had already had quite a bit of culture shock up to this point with the orthodox jewish wedding and all, so I didn't want to push it. The mikvah visit was completed fairly quickly, and we were on to the next appointment, but not before driving back to Garden City to drop my mom off. I then drove back to Hewlett for the polish application at the nail salon, and finally back to Garden City where I collapsed into a coma at 8:30 pm. I had been in the car the entire day on Friday, and it was not a good thing.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

will you guys please keep writing? :)

12:49 PM  
Blogger AS said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Avraham said...

Love the blog. That comment about Woodmere mikvah is funny because I used to work in the 5 towns and I just moved to Houston, TX. Speaking of which I'm the only person in texas who offers religious Jewish music in all of Texas. You can view some video and hear audio clips at my website
LiveJewishMusic.com. Let me know what you think.

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Jewish Wedding Music said...

I hope you guys are doing well. Good to see your blog again.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous オテモヤン said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:27 PM  
Anonymous David said...

Hi, I stumbled on your blog even though the last posting was years ago! I wanted to mention a Jewish Wedding Planning site I just launched called Simple Simcha (Www.simplesimcha.com).

In short the website contains tools you can use to plan your wedding including budget, guest list, RSVPs, gifts, Checklists and seating charts. Please let me know if you think this would have helped your planning!

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home