Monday, October 16, 2006

Do not bribe postal workers

After Jacque and Carol's hand-canceling strike out at the main post office in downtown Austin, I figured I'd try my luck with something a little more "small town," such as our little neighborhood Hyde Park post office. Before I went, I called Kenny's mom to see if she had any good advice for how to handle the post office. After researching this with her 5 Towns Wedding Mafia crew, she suggested bribing them. It was actually our caterer's suggestion. So I left my office today, invitations in hand, and a $20 in my pocket. I even had it neatly folded up so I could discretely slip it into the federal employee's hand. Yeah, that didn't sound quite right, did it? No. It didn't. As Kenny said, that's probably a federal offense. I got to the post office, and as I was standing in line, I weighed my options. I could just walk away, mail the boxes of envelopes up to New York, and let the Wedding Mafia pros handle this. Or, I could go through with it. Or, I could try a third option, which involved altering my place in line so I could get the male postal worker, batting my eyelashes, and turning up the southern accent just a bit. Worked like a charm. You should all be receiving hand-canceled invitations soon. What's better, I didn't get arrested and charged with a federal crime. I can't believe I was going to commit a federal crime in order to get my stamps hand-canceled. The wedding has obviously sucked out every ounce of sanity I might have had left after choosing wedding music with my mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home